Richmondshire Rugby Club

Theakston Lane, Richmond, DL9 4LL

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

General responses to comments yesterday.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
richie

PostSubject: General responses to comments yesterday.   Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:07 am

Guys,

Following a number of comments yesterday I'd like to put the record straight, please read and digest these then draw a line under it.

1. Yesterdays game was pointless. Yesterdays game was not pointless, yesterday was a day set aside for the first round of the North Yorkshire Trophy and we were lucky enough to have a bye to the second round. I arranged the Aycliffe fixture as a yard stick to see where we were in relation to the teams in Durham and Northumberland 3. I felt this was a good idea as we were hoping to rejoin this league next year, if you'd rather not have had a fixture you should have juat said.

2. Aycliffe are 3 leagues above us. Aycliffe are not three leagues above us, Aycliffe like us are a 1 team club and play their rugby at the same level as us, level 12 I think. The difference between the two clubs is simply they play in an RFU regional league and we don't.

3. Why are we away so much. The reason for this is that as we don't play in a regional league we don't get structured fixtures. It is a bun fight for the Social League Fixtures Secretaries to get fixtures. Our problem as a club is that as we only operate 1 team we are at the bottom of the pecking order, when trying to get fixtures clubs will only accomodate us subject to where their first and second teams are playing. They do this, and rightly so to make sure they always have 1 team at home. We do have equal or pretty much near it home and away games anyway.

You could ask questions about these items and any others you may have at committee meetings if you paid your membership and bothered to come to them. This would aleviate the need to bounce questions about without getting the correct answer.

Thought the chant of "1 Steve Myers" was brilliant by the way.

Richie
Back to top Go down
View user profile

General responses to comments yesterday.
Page 1 of 1