Richmondshire Rugby Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richmondshire Rugby Club

Theakston Lane, Richmond, DL9 4LL

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shire 12 - 45 ITC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Shire 12 - 45 ITC Empty
PostSubject: Shire 12 - 45 ITC   Shire 12 - 45 ITC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:45 am

So then...what did you all reckon to this?

• Good points?

• Points to improve?

For my money, I thought the forwards had the measure of the ITC pack, but were largely too slow to the breakdown. Being a better pack means nowt if you're not there to affect your advantage.

I also think that we'll not play a backline like that this season: their rush defence was excellent and their pace, invention and guile in attack was just stunning. I think the fact that we contained that backline (as well as the loose forwards) at all should be seen as an achievement. I feel our backs would be solid enough against a line of non-Fijiians...kinda tricky to tackle air. That said, the tackling was generally sound when connections were made. Kudos to Stan - that was a moment of class.

Points to improve: better communication, support of runners (both in forwards/backs getting there to support and runners waiting until support is available - no shame in slowing down and dictating play a bit more), fitness/speed. Kinda hard to tell how things would work out against lesser teams but improving these three aspects can only improve us as a team.

Responses are welcome and encouraged. We are a team, all are important, and all should have their input.

-Admin
Back to top Go down
http://www.richmondshirerugbyclub.co.uk

Shire 12 - 45 ITC
Page 1 of 1