Richmondshire Rugby Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richmondshire Rugby Club

Theakston Lane, Richmond, DL9 4LL

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

whats going on?????????????????????????????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gareth

whats going on????????????????????????????? Empty
PostSubject: whats going on?????????????????????????????   whats going on????????????????????????????? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:22 pm

Saturdays game at seaton carew was the biggest heap of shizzle i have seen in the last 18month.
Why do players keep talking back to the ref? What do you want to get out of it? All it ever does is turn him against us, you will never change his mind, you should know this by now as week in week out we have the same problem with the same people and it gets us no where. Two weeks running we have lost games where we have been reffed out of the game by the same few pissing the ref off then the 50/50 calls don't go our way and he watches much closer and pings us all the time.

Its about time people grow the fook up and stop pissing around and we start playing like a team again. So many of us are working hard to make sure this club goes forward only to be let down on a Saturdays by the same people who think they are better and above the team. Attitudes must change and if it means i must stand down as captain so that it gets sorted then i will do but we must get this sorted or we will not win the league or the cup and it will be another almost season for the shire.

Carew were a good side and had a good set of backs out, but i think if we'd played as one and not pissed the ref off as much and most importantly not fucked each other off we could of won that game. Instead we lost by 20 points to a team who really wanted to win more than us.

Your thourghts good and bad on this would be good, but I bet its the same few who reply as normal

G
Back to top Go down
richie

PostSubject: Richies view   whats going on????????????????????????????? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:59 pm

Guys

Firstly more people ought to use this forum, its a way of freedom of expression for us all.

I thought the way we moaned, argued and bitched between ourselves on Saturday was pathetic. At this level of rugby we should be throwing the ball about with smiles on our faces, I never saw many of those on Saturday. I agree with everyone that again the ref was poor, his level of fitness was shocking and the way he made decisions based on which player/supporter shouted loudest because he was so far behind play was appaling. Unfortunately quality refs at this level are few and far between. We must stop moaning to and shouting at them or they will simply walk away from the game leaving us with an even greater shortage and facing the prospect of having games cancelled due to no officials. We don't want to get a reputation for berating them either or we will continually be on the back foot with them even before we turn up.

Make no mistake, Seaton Carew were a good side and their backs ran some fine moves at us. I felt we missed the likes of Pete (injured), Tibbo (family committments), Tom T (exercise) and Gideon (shopping in Tesco's). This served as a reminder of exactly how thin our squad is. What will we do next year or season if the military element of our squad get posted or sent to Afghan. We also have a lot of guys nearer to 40/45 than 20/30 who cannot play forever. I suggest we think long and hard before rejoining an RFU regional league as I would hate us to end up where we were 2 seasons ago from having such a small squad.

From the side line on Saturday we looked tired and sluggish. I don't know if this was because we have been unable to train for 2 weeks due to our waterlogged pitch or simply because we have not yet had a rest week. It has been a couple of seasons since we have had a game every week like this. I think also the postponed memorial game weekend will do us good for recharging batteries.

I also feel that some of our players who are carrying little knocks and injuries should ask for a rest once in a while. As our squad is so small people shouldn't worry about loosing their places and fully fit guys are better than those who aren't.

For me the bitching must stop immediately and I think we need some sort of jolly boys outing to boost morale and improve team bonding/spirit. Perhaps we should go to the dogs, Redcar speedway, Mike Moran's Wednesday club, night away in Whitley Bay or perhaps just an indian. Any ideas to Alex Watkins as it's his responsibilty to sort this kind of thing. I appreciate it's been a hard start to the season with so many away games and a lot of us cannot come back to the club after matches due to family committments but I feel quite strongly that we need to do something.

If the club is to move forward and get out of this deep water we have been treading just for the last couple of seasons we all need to pull in the same direction. We must fill the club with positive energy and drive forward. This season is huge and what better way to succeed than by winning this social league and bringing back the confident swagger of rugby players which was so clearly not evident on Saturday, inter team squabbling must stop full stop!
Back to top Go down
Old and Past It!

Old and Past It!

PostSubject: Re: whats going on?????????????????????????????   whats going on????????????????????????????? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:07 pm

Read the Players Charter in the Training Forum - If you Fail to Train, you Train to Fail!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats going on?????????????????????????????   whats going on????????????????????????????? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whats going on?????????????????????????????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Richmondshire Rugby Club :: Matches :: Matches-
Jump to: