Richmondshire Rugby Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richmondshire Rugby Club

Theakston Lane, Richmond, DL9 4LL

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Big Terry from Wensleydale - Fund Raising Game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Old and Past It!

Old and Past It!

Big Terry from Wensleydale - Fund Raising Game  Empty
PostSubject: Big Terry from Wensleydale - Fund Raising Game    Big Terry from Wensleydale - Fund Raising Game  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:26 am

Hello Lads 'n' Lasses!

I had a telephone conversation with Woody from Wensleydale last night about a Charity / Fundraising event.

Most of you will remember Big Terry from Wensleydale was recently badly injured in an RTA? The long and the short of it is that I feel we should 'do something' to help him out. He is a larger than life character who loved his rugby and his car. It is truly tragic that both of his favourite pastimes are now beyond him.

Terry hopes to be released from hospital in early December and Woody was hoping that you will donate your time and playing energy towards the back end of November on a Sunday to play in a fundraising game.

The basic format will be two mixed teams, made up from players from Wensleydale, Richmondshire and Upper Eden, another club that Terry has long affiliations to. The aim is to celbrate Terry's playing career as well as to raise much needed cash for him to regain some semblance of a normal life.

Please get back to me, either on these means or by telephone if you will be interested. I know that we all wish Terry all of the very best in his recovery and I believe that it's the very least we can do.

Take care and see you all at training!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Big Terry from Wensleydale - Fund Raising Game
Page 1 of 1